May 4th, 2021
Greetings from the Child Care Resource and Referral office at the Early Childhood Council of Boulder County
|What’s a CCR&R|
ECCBC celebrates you all! Please enter your treasured childcare providers to receive a special gift and to be entered into a drawing at the following links:
English Provider Appreciation Intake
Spanish Provider Appreciation Intake
Please update your available slots! More and more families are looking for care and fewer and fewer programs have slots.
If you are not able to accept new families due to challenges brought on by COVID, please let us know that at the link below. Thank you!
To update with the state, update operating status here and your slot data with Colorado Shines Child Care Referral at Mile High United Way– Text “CC OPEN” to 898-211 to indicate that you have openings.
To update with ECCBC click the link below please.
|Longmont -Niwot- Hygiene-Lyons-Mead Area|
|Programas de habla Español|
News Everyone Can Use
- Focus groups are developing to collect input on how the American Rescue Plan Act funding should be used.
- Boulder County’s updated public health order as of April 16th
- Boomers Leading Change is offering business supports to centers and family childcare homes
- The Office of Early Childhood is designing a new program to support children and families who do not qualify for Early Intervention Colorado or may demonstrate certain risk factors that might require support. The new program will be called “EI Early Start.” The goal of the EI Early Start program is to work with young children (birth – 4) and their families on healthy early childhood development.
- On behalf of the Office of Early Childhood, we are thrilled to share the highly anticipated PLAYbook with you! The PLAYbook contains information and activities that anyone caring for young children – including parents, siblings, guardians, grandparents, babysitters, neighbors, and family friends – can use to prepare children to be successful when entering kindergarten. Here you will find a digital version of the PLAYbook in English and Spanish.
- We developed a communication toolkit to help you spread the word on The PLAYbook with those who care for young children. We are grateful for your commitment and partnership to ensuring ALL of Colorado’s children are valued, healthy and thriving!
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
|Click Here to access our Training Calendars|
Trainings and opportunities available
Sponsored by ECCBC at no to low cost:
- Virtual Touchpoints: The How of Child and Family Engagement (formerly known as Touchpoints Individual-Level Training (ILT)) : June 2021
- Quality Nights With ECCBC: Wednesday, May 19 – Relating to Regulations: in Health, Safety, and Nutrition: Understanding expectations of professional relationships with state organizations – establishing policies to ensure proper and consistent implementation of child care rules, health care practices, and promotion of continuous growth in program and individual teaching practices. Supporting state – provider relationships.
- ECCBC Financial Incentive for ECE College Courses Completed During Spring 2021: Applications accepted June 15 through July 15, 2021
- Guidance for School Age Caregivers: Creating Community vs. Creating Control: Saturday, May 22 or Wednesday, June 2.
Sponsored by Community Partners:
- Online Pyramid Plus Approach Training Series: Summer 2021 (pg 13 of MayTraining Calendar)
- Observation, Documentation and Assessment: May 24–July 16, 2021 (pg 15)
- Free Virtual Dialogues: Messing About With Ideas: Alternating Wednesdays (ongoing- pg 16)
- FRCC Information Card: Make a Difference with Early Childhood Education (pg 17)
Sponsored by Other Organizations:
- Webinar Series: Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Policy– ZERO TO THREE’s IECMH Policy Team explores policy strategies to support the social and emotional well-being of young children and their families
- Colorado Shines Upcoming Live Virtual Training Events
- Children Thrive Outside: A New Day for Outdoor Play in Child Care Webinar
- Join CACFP, Cooking Matters, and Nourish Colorado in an updated collaborative learning opportunity for child care professionals. Participants will attend a live, online training on CACFP whole grain-rich and sugar limit requirements and then be asked to choose one of two learning pathways. Each participant will receive class materials, handouts, recipes, and incentives built for the learning pathways. June 12, 2021- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | register here
If you have a training you would like us to promote, please contact Emily Robbins, the ECCBC Professional Development Coordinator at email@example.com. Thank you for all you do to serve the children of Boulder County!
Recursos en Español
- El Condado de Boulder se mueve a Nivel Azul modificado
- Formulario para la tarjeta de agradecimiento al proveedor
- ¡Manual de Juegos! Enseñanza a través del juego para familias y educadores de Colorado
- Next Directors Group meeting- TONIGHT’S MEETING CANCELLED. May 17th 1pm Please respond to this email for meeting information.
- Training for school-age staff by ECCBC: Guidance for School-Age Caregivers
- My Kid’s Lunch serves lunch to programs in the front range
Family Child Care Corner
- Next Family Childcare Group meeting with BCFCCA– Join us for a FLIP-IT training with ECCBC on May 10th!
School Age Corner
- Next School Age Caregivers Meeting is Monday May 17th at 6:30pm Please respond to this email for more information and/or the link to join.
- Social-Emotional Training opportunity from ECCBC: Guidance for School Age Caregivers
- Colorado Aftershool Partnership is taking nominations for “Best of CO Aftershool“
- Updated CDC Guidance for Summer programs/Camps
- Free PD Webinar from the CO Coaching Consortium: Deepening a Dialogue Around Unleashing Human Potential– May 5th, 1:00pm.
- Clayton Early Learning’s third completely virtual Coaches’ Meeting will be hosted via Zoom on June 4, 2021. Some of the topics we will be covering are information and tips around the Colorado Shines Virtual L3-5 Rating, virtual ERS-3 certification, and our work with Colorado Shines Brighter. Click here to visit our website to register for trainings and the upcoming Coaches Meeting.
- Do you provide early childhood coaching-related support? Are you interested in sharing best practices and problem solving each month with your peers across Colorado? Join the ongoing CDHS Office of Early Childhood Coaching Community of Practice (CoP) on the first Tuesday of each month. The May CoP will be on May 4, 2021 from 1:00-2:30 p.m. At the April CoP:
- Our group-generated topic is, “Reflective Practice: Making Deep Connections While Coaching Virtually”
- Learn from fellow CoP members Ty Johnson and Lorrel Esterbrook.
- To receive these free professional development hours/certificate, please register for Coaching Community of Practice in the Colorado Shines PDIS: https://ecpd.costartstrong.org/ets/store/item/?id=498f318c-9276-11eb-aaa0-e1e4493ef79e
If you have questions about earning a coaching credential in Colorado, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early Milestones is thrilled to share a new grant opportunity for partner organizations to apply for up to $50,000 to implement programming aligned to the Recovery Summer recommendations we’ve co-created together over the past few months. With thanks to the generous support of Caring for Colorado, we are inviting applications to fund regional partnership efforts centered on equity and providing whole child supports.
- Emerging and Expanding Child Care Grants from OEC– Please be aware of a bug in the application. If you have submitted an application and did not receive an email confirmation- reach out to the Colorado Shines help desk here.
COVID-19 News and Resources
- Boulder County Public Health Order
- Boulder County COVID-19 Vaccination Information in English and Spanish
- State of Colorado general COVID-19 vaccine information in English and In Spanish:
- Dial Framework of COVID data for transparency, clarity, and predictability for Coloradoans to protect themselves in English and Spanish
- Find CDPHE’s most updated guidance and resources in many languages here
- Boulder County Public Health Child Promotion COVID resources for childcare providers
- Resources for those affected by COVID-19
- Free Testing for all Boulder County residents
- Next BCPH meeting for childcare providers is Monday May 10th, 12-1.Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 720-400-7859,,74011956# United States, Denver
Phone Conference ID: 740 119 56#
|For Families Looking For Care
Referrals: Families looking for child care can follow these steps:
Enhanced Referrals: Would you like more help? Since COVID19, ECCBC is providing enhanced referral services for families in Boulder County.
Services: Families are welcome to contact ECCBC with general queries about child care in Boulder County, the child care referral process and licensing.
Questions? Contact Jessica Bernett Knight at 720-548-3980 or email@example.com
Boulder County ECE Classifieds!
|Subscribe to this newsletter|